20. The human respiratory system includes epiglottis, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, alveoli, pleural membranes, ribs, intercostal muscles, diaphragm. These are involved in two functions: ventilation an d exchange of gases.
· Lungs are enclosed within the Thorax , an air tight cavity
· At the base of the thorax is a sheet of muscles, the Diaphragm.
· Air is drawn into the lungs via the trachea which is strengthened by rings of cartilage.
· in the lungs a pair of bronchi branch out into bronchioles
· The exchange surface is the alveoli which are air sacs providing a large surface area.
· They are thin and moist providing a…