- Aim: Investigating encoding in the LTM.
- Procedure: -Four groups were given a list of ten words.
-Group 1 = acousticall similar words.
-Group 2= acoustically dissimilar words.
-Group 3 = semantically similar words
-Group 4- semantically dissimilar words.
After a 20 min interval they were asked to serial recall the words.
- Findings: -Semantically similar words had 55% accuracy.
-Semantically dissimlar words had 85% accuracy.
- Conclusion: LTM uses semantic coding, as shown by participants having difficult recallign words of a similar meaning.
Bahrick et al (1975)
- Aim: Investigating the total duration…