- Created by: tanzania_girl
- Created on: 10-01-19 13:48
WEEK 10: The logic of political Surveys: Sampling, Hypothesis Testing, Causation
Surveys of individuals (focus)
2) Hypothesis testing using samples
3 ) How large should my sample be?
4) Margins of error and what they mean
5) Causation and survey research
- Motivated by your research question, i.e., define the obectives of the research
- Population [sample] is reachable (by phone, by foot, by internet)
- Represent people: describe a population
- Represent opionion: want to know what people think, want reports of behaviour
who (or what) to sample?
- Define your population, e.g., the electorate ( a…