Factors Affecting Choice of Statistical Test
- Need to justify your choice of statistical test.
- Need to identify:
1) It is a correlation or test of difference (experiment) or Correlational.
2) If it uses independant groups or repeated measures.
3) Or if it uses nominal data.
Nominal Data = Chi Squared.
Relationship/Correlation = Spearman's Rho
Independant Groups = Mann-Whitney
Repeated Measures/Matched Pairs = Wilcoxon
Level of Measurement:
- Two key levels of measurement to understand are nomial and ordinal.
- Chi-Squared is used for nomial data
- All other tests require at least ordinal data.
- This means they can be used for ordinal interval and ratio data.
Nominal: The data is put into categories or just named.
Data that is at least ordinal:
- Ordinal: Information or scores are…