- A new plant is produced where a runner touches the ground. There is no fertilization going on.
- Grow plants from cuttings. Then plant it in damp compost where it will grow roots.
- Plants produce male sex cells called pollen grains and female sex cells called ova. They transfer into each other. This is called pollination.
- It is normally caried out by wind or insects. Following pollination, fertilisation takes placeand the zygote forms a developed seed which becomes a enclosed fruit.
Wind pollinated flower and insect pollinated flower
- The nucleus of the pollen grain must fuse with the nucleus of…