- Created by: holly6901
- Created on: 23-12-19 10:21
Representations of gender
- The representation of women has adopted as women's roles have adapted.
- There are still some stereotypical representations of women where they are defined by how men see them and how society expects them to look and behave.
- Women still tend to be judged on looks and appearance foremost.
- Many products offer aspirational images of women.
- Representations tend to focus on their sexuality and emotions and narratives tend to be based around relationships.
- The criteria for how well a woman is represented is usually about how strong she is e.g. Rosie the Riveter.
- Men are stereotypically represented differently from women
- Their representation has also changed as their position in society has changed.
- The crisis of masculinity brought along the representation of 'the new man'
- Representations of men tend to focus on…