Agnosticism - not being sure whether God exists or not.
Athiesm - the belief that God does not exist.
Conversion - when your life is changed by giving yourself to God.
Numinous - the feeling of the presence of something greater than yourself.
Prayer - a way of contacting God, usually through words.
Free Will - the idea that humans have the right to make their own decisions.
Miracle - something which breaks the laws of science and makes you think only God could have done it.
Moral Evil - things done by humans to cause pain and suffering.
Natural Evil - things which cause pain and suffering which have nothing to go with humans.
Omnipotent - the belief that God is all powerful.
Omniscient - the belief that God knows everything that has happened and everything that is going to happen.
Omni-benevolent - the belief that God is all loving.
How may a religious upbringing lead to a person believing in God?
- going to church - worshipping God becomes natural
- going to a church school - learning more about the faith
- praying before bed or before meals - could have prayers replied to
- celebrating religious festivals - come to believe these are true
- numinous - the feeling of being overwhelmed like this can lead to spiritual emotion and a connection with God.
- conversion - conversion usually follows a life changing event that convinces an individual that there must be a God.
- prayer - if God replies to a prayer then the individual can be sure that God exists.
- miracles - they have no other explanation than the cause being God, so…