Judgement and Salvation
Christians believe that:
· God judges each of us on how we live our live on Earth - how we treat others, especially those less fortunate.
· If we choose to reject him, we are separated from him forever.
· If we repent and are truly sorry, we are accepted and forgiven.
· We may pray for forgiveness.
Salvation is God's action to for a bond between himself and us, his creations.
· The sins of humanity were erased when Jesus died on the cross.
· God gave his only son to die for us, which shows his love.
· Ressurection shows not even death can keep you from God.
· Salvation is offered to everyone - though you must choose to accept it.
· God wants to be loved by his creations. We are created to be involved in a relationship with God.
In the exam you must:
· Agree/Disagree and explain fully the reasons why
· Give another point of view - "On the other hand some people might think..." or "Other opinions are..."
· Refer to what Christians or different groups of Christians think, or different Christian beliefs, depending on the question
The Doctrine of the Trinity
Christins are monotheists; the existance of only one God is specified in the Ten Commandments.
God the Father
· "Father" is often used to refer to God as the creator of everything
· It reflects the love of God for humankind
· Modern Christians may also choose to use the word "Mother" to reflect these beliefs since God is not limited by Gender
· Christians also believe that Gos is the Father of Jesus who was sent to earth to save humanity
God the Son
· Christians believe Jesus is the son of God
· Jesus is also God himself - he is fully human and fully divine
· God chose to come…