Religion Peace and Justice
- ALL Christians see war to be a bad thing. However some understand that there is no other option.
- "Love thy neighbour": is war the only option and so the most loving thing to do?
- War should be a last resort.
-Should be a last resort: all other ways of stopping it must have been tried already
-There must be a chance of winning the war: and there must be no additional force than to win the war
-The war must have been declared by the Government
-There needs to be a good reason to go to war: good should come out of it not evil
- Quaker are conscientious objectors, and will not take part in war: they might help with ambulance services etc...
- Conscientious objects: people who refuse to fight in wars because of moral beliefs.
- Christian justice is punishing APPROPRIATELY the wrongdoing.
- All people that make mistakes must repent so they can reform and move on.
- Aims of punishment:
-Protection for society
-Retribution: making people feel the criminal has payed the price for their sin.
-Reformation: the chance for the criminal to reflect on their wrongdoing.
-Deterrance: it may put other people off from…