- Desacrilization: Supernatural are no longer seen as controlling the world, action is no longer directed by religious belief and human consciousness has become secularized.
- Disenchantment: Cultural rationalization and devaluation of mysticism apparent in modern Society.
- Modernized society is characterized by rationalization and intellectualization and above all by the disenchantment of the world
- The world is no longer being charged with mystery and magic; the supernatural has been banished from society
- The meanings of motives that direct action are now rational
- Rational action rejects the guidelines provided by emotion, tradition or by religion.
- Disengagement: The leaving of a religious faith, group or commune and refers to the withdrawal of churches from our society.
- David Martin (1969): Disengagement cause…