Sanctity of life:
- All the worlds religions teach that life is special and should be protected and valued.
- They also regard each life as unique an valuable beyond measure.
- God is interested and involved in each humans life.
- Life is sacred and a gift from God.
- Only God should take life away.
- Jesus showed in his teachings that all life should be valued.
- Every soul has been created by Allah.
- Allah has a plan for each life.
- No one has the right to take their own life or anyone Else's life.
- Most teach that all life is special and should be protected and valued.
- Generally, Christians have concerns about abortion because of beliefs in:
-the sanctity of life
-people being in the image of God
-all life being precious
-references to the 10 commandments.
- The Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches generally are against abortion in any circumstances.
- Other denominations are against abortions for social reasons, but will accept it in certain situations such as the mother's life is at risk).
- Many Evangelical Protestants are against abortion, but understand it my be acceptable in some situations.
- Many Christian denominations leave the decision to the individuals.
- Only Allah can take away life.
- Abortion for economic reasons is forbidden in the Quran.
- 'Ensoulment' (receiving a soul) takes place…