- Created by: hannahrunciman
- Created on: 17-08-19 15:26
Max Weber (Social Action Theorist):
- Demonstrated how religion could be an angent of social change in refernece to the relationship between the Calvinist protestant tradition and the birth of capitalism.
- He sought to demonstrate why, in spite of technonology being available in a number of countries, only certain nations went through the Industrial Revolution.
- He concluded that Calvinists beliefs about predestination (the belief that whether or not you will go to heaven (or hell) was decided at birth) held the key.
- Calvinists had salvation anxiety (the stress that religious people felt as a result…