Romantic Relationships Theory
1. Outline the filter and reward theories of relationship formation.
2. How do economic explanations help to understand how couples regulate and maintain their relationships?
3. Why may relationships break down due to lack of rewards or inequity?
4. Why do some people continue to stay in unrewarding relationships? Discuss investments and commitment.
5. Describe the four-phase model.
6. What factors are important in initial attraction? Refer to proximity, similarity and physical appearance.
7. Explain what is meant by investments. How are they important in understanding relationships?
8. Compare the explanations for relationship breakdown given by exchange and equity theory. Why do you consider to be most convincing and why?
Human Reproductive Behaviour
1. In what ways do men and women differ in what qualities they seek…