Role of the reformers during the punishment revolution
- John Howard
- Prison reformer
- Interested in prisons
- Sheriff of Bedfordshire
- Responsible for the prisons in the county
- Made tours at prisons in Britain and abroad
- Wrote a book called "The State of prisons in England and Wales" - published 1777
- Provided evidence for campaigns to reform prisons.
- National reform did notbegin until after his death.
- Sir Samuel Romilly
- Campaigner against the Bloody code
- Romilly was a lawyer
- A member…