It's impossible to stop a volcano erupting, but there are ways to reduce the impacts.Here are a few ways in which this is possible:
1) Unlike earthquakes, it's possible to predict roughly when a volcano will erupt. Scientists can monitor the tell-tale signs that come before a volcanic eruption.
2) Things such as tiny earthquakes,escaping gas, and changes in the shape of the volcano (e.g. bulges in the land where the magma has built up under it) all mean an eruption is likely.
3) Predicting when a volcano is going to erupt gives people time to evacuate- this reduces the number of injuries and deaths.
1) Future developments, e.g. new houses, can be planned to avoid the areas most at risk from volcanic eruptions. This reduces the number of buildings destroyed by an eruption.
2) Firebreaks can be made to reduce the…