- Confidence for investment.
- Adenauer in stronger position.
- National stability.
- GDR received less Marshall aid than most countries.
- Not the sole reason for economic miracle: 16 countries received the aid.
SOCIAL MARKET ECONOMY.
- Ministry of Housing: tax incentives for companies and rebuilt infrastructure.
- 19 50s: full employment in FRG. unemployment at 0.5%.
- Free markets could operate, worker's rights strengthened at same time.
- Limited state intervention in economy.
- Generous social welfare meant higher living standards.