- Similar studies have suggested that when populations expand and land becomes in short supply conflict and violence increase.
- However this correlative evidence only shows a link between these factors, other factors could be involved in prejudice and offers not cause and effect explanation.
- Sherif's robbers care experiment found that competition increases hostility between the two groups of 12-year-old boys.
- The study is high in ecological validity as it is based on a summer camp and involves activities commonly carried out in these camps, which strengthens the results.
- However, evidence from Sherif's own writings…