HOW DOES A CATHOLIC UPBRINGING LEAD TO BELIEF IN GOD?
- parents teach about faith
- parents read bible
- Sacraments of initiation-baptism, confirmation, holy communion
- sunday school-teaches children about God, how to pray
- catholic school- RE lessons, collective worship
- a young child accepts parents beliefs
- they have answers to prayer
- feel close to God in worship
- are taught about the existence of God in school and sunday school
TYPES OF RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT LEAD TO BELIEF IN GOD...
- conversion-change life around after a definite experience with God. eg.St Paul.
- answered prayers-eg.illness is cured
- numinous experience-feeling of something greater than yourself. eg.praying in a holy building
- miracles-breaks laws of science=only God could of done it. eg.incurable disease= cured after praying