- The focus; it is offered as a symbol of Christ offering himself as a sacrifice to God on the Cross.
- Positioned so the priest can face the congregation as he celebrates Mass
- On/near the altar are candles whose light represents the belief that Jesus is the light of the world
- It is the main focus in the Liturgy of the Eucharist
- It is a storage place for the reserved Sacrament
- It has a place of honour, usually next to the altar because it contains the consecrated hosts of the Blessed Sacrament reserved there for distribution to the sick
- Catholics believe that Jesus is really present in the Blessed Sacrament so show their reverence…