Drug- A substance which when taken affects the bosy or mind.
Prescription Drugs- these are drugs legally obtained only with doctors consent. eg. Paracetamol and Asprin
Social Drugs- these are legal drugs which are still addictive such as alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and drugs. eg. Achohol, Nictoine and Caffeine
Illegal Drugs- these are drugs which are against the law to posses, sell or use they are put into 3 Classifications according to their potential harm and addictiveness. eg. Cocaine, Ecstacy, Heroine. LSD and Amphetamines.
Four effects of drugs:
- Stimultants eg. Caffeine
- Depressants eg. alcohol
- Pain Killers eg.Morphens
- Hallucinigens eg. LSD
Christian Responses to Alcohol:
- Jesus first miracle was to turn water into wine at a wedding.
- The centre piece of the Christian Faith is communion.
- Paul Says to Timothey ''Take a little wine'' for his health.
- Confidence boost to share faith.
- Jesus refused alcohol on the cross.
- The book of Proverbs says: '''Wine is a mocker and Beer is a Brawler''
- 75% of all crime is commited under the influence of alcohol.
- Its expensive and the money used to pay for it could be used for better things eg.giving to charity.
Arguments for Legalosation of Drugs:
- It would free police to focus on other crimes.
- Helps the economy through taxation and shuts down international drug smuggling cartens overnight.
- It is much safer through controlled use of needles.
- Its flat-out dangerous and morally wrong.
- It can cause crime and hurt people.
- Whats to stop McDonalds lacing there burgers in addictive drugs and what about the cost to the NHS.
Reasons people take Drugs-
- Escapism from reality,
- Adrenelin Rush/High/Buzz,
- Stress Relief,
- Peer Pressure,
- Environmental Reasons/Culture/Role Models,
- Have a good time,
- Cheap, easily accesable,
Christians believe the real reason people use illegal drigs is to try and fill a God shaped hole in their life. As long as their is sin in the world people will always…