- Scout Finch:
- Unlady like she will "never be interested in clothes"
- Outgoing, first meets boo "Hey Boo"
- asks Atticus why the Cunninghams pay him with "stovewood"- learns how poor people can be proud
- describes her school as "Tweleve years of unrelived boredom" - more mature than most for her age
- Dosnt understand rasism "I think theres just one kind of folks - Folks".
- Learns Atticus's mannors - "Atticus said it was the polite thing to talk to people about what they were interested in, not about what you were interested in"
- Looks up to Atticus - "It was times like these where i thought my farther was the bravest man who ever lived"
- Looks up to Calpurnia, by watching her she beleives there is "some skill involved in being a girl"
- First he is a bit of a rebel
- Says Atticus is "too old and feeble"
- Lies to get into trouble "I never been wipped by atticus and I intend to keep it that way"
- Repeativly tells atticus hes "not going home" outside court house
- Becomes more like Atticus
- Reads papers in the evenings - like Atticus
- stops Scout killing an insect - symbolically showing he wants to protect the weak and vulnerable
- Looks out for scout - she says Jem is being like Atticus making her "feel right when things went wrong"
- Strong sense of justice - tells atticus what happens to tom "aint right"
Atticus Finch: Brave (protects tom). Calm (in court)
- “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
- kind - isn't doing job for money, accepts nuts from cunninghams
- "Wouldnt be able to hold his head up high" if he didnt defend tom
- Teaches children right from wrong - Tells scout "don't use that word" (******)
- Sees the good in everybody - calls Mrs durbose a "great lady". Tells scout to imagine herself in someone else's body and "walk around in it"
- He acts "the same in his house as he is on the public streets" - acts himself
- Treats cal with courtesy, e.g. drives her home
- Acts Sa bridge between black and whites
- Mrs maudie says he is a man who is…