Quarks are fundamental particles. They are the building blocks for hadrons.
- To make protons and neutrons, you only need two types of quark: the up quark (u) and the down quark (d).
- Another quark called the strange quark (s) allows you to make more particles witha property called strageness.
- Antiparticles of hadrons are made from antiquarks.
Quarks and their properties
Antiquarks and their properties
- Baryons are made from 3 quarks.
- Evidence for quarks came from hitting protons with high energy electrons.
- The way the electrons scattered showed there were three concerntrations of charge (quarks) inside the proton.
Proton: uud Total charge…