- Created by: Davwi
- Created on: 10-02-19 20:06
- Were things that pushed migrants away from the East.
- In 1837, there was economic crisis in the East, it lasted until the mid-1840s. Many banks collapsed, people lost their savings,and businesses failed, meaning thousands lost their jobs.
- Were things that pulled migrants towards the West.
- Traders and fur trappers had been travelling to Oregon for years, they passed on news of the rich farming land west of the Rocky Mountains. Migrants needed an overland route for their wagons.
- White Americans believed that they had the right to populate all areas of America from coast to coast. They believed this was GOD's will, to make the land productive and civilised. The US government encouraged this view.