- Created by: GeorgeSmith99
- Created on: 28-05-15 19:17
Roman Britain saw the introduction of ideas that would help to improve public health
Cleanliness was linked to health
- Even though they didn't understand why, Romans realised that cleanliness was linked to good health.
- - as such, they built their towns in areas away from swamps and marshes
- - they tried to keep streets clean - though most towns had open drains
- Most towns had public baths that people visited every day to socialise and exercise