- assumption: biological approach assumes behaviour can be explained interms of different areas of the brain.
- as,different areas of the brain is localised/specialised for different functions
- e.g. cerebal cortex covers the surface of the brain. it is divided into four lobes
- frontal lobe is responsible for thinking and fine motor movement
- occipital lobe- sight and vision.
- psychosurgery- a surgical procedure performed on the brain, aim of treating mentally disturbed behaviour.
- psychosurgery involves destroying sections of the brain or severing fibres
- trepanning is the ancient practise, involves cutting 4cm hole using a sharp knife or drill.AIM- release evil spirits
- 19940-1950s Moniz came up with new form of psychosurgery. he removed…