- Created by: jkav
- Created on: 15-05-15 11:17
- The pseudo patients were five men and three women of various ages and occupations ( for example, graduate students, psychologist, paediatricians, psychiatrist, painter and housewife), including Rosenhan himself.
- They attempted to gain admission to 12 different hospitals in five different states in the USA.
- Each pseudopatient called a hospital and asked to run appointment. On arrival he told the admissions officer that the had been hearing voices saying words that included 'empty','hollow', and 'thud'. Beyond the description of auditory hallunisations, each pseudopatient described their life events accurately. None of them had any history of pathological behaviour.
- The pseudopatients were instructed to behave normally once they were admitted to the psychiatric ward, and, other than some understandable nervousness and…