Milgram - Findings and Conclusions
- All participants continued to 300 volts.
- At 300 volts, five (12.5%) of the participants refused to continue.
- A total of 26 of the 40 participants (65%) administered the full 450 volts.
- Many subjects showed nervousness, and a large number showed extremem tension: 'subjects were observed to sweat, tremble, stutter, bite their lips, groan and dig their finger-nails into their flesh'.
- Fourteen participants displayed 'nervous laughter and smiling'.
- In the post-experimental interview (the 'dehoax'), these…
Similar Psychology resources: