- Created by: jkav
- Created on: 22-04-15 11:27
Loftus and Palmer - Findings and conclusions
Findings (experiment 1)
- The group given the word 'smashed' estimated a higher speed than the other groups (40.8 mph).
- The group given the word 'contacted' estimated the lowest speed (31.8 mph).
- The other verbs proceduced averages of : collided (39.3 mph), Bumped (38.1 mph) and hit (34 mph)
Findings (experiment 2)
- Participants in the 'smashed' condition were more than twice as likely to report seeing broken glass than those in the group given the word 'hit' or in the control group.
- In the 'smashed' condition, 16 reported having seen broken glass; 34 reported not having seen broken glass.
- In the 'hit' condition, 7 reported having seen broken glass; 34 reported not having seen broken…