- Created by: jkav
- Created on: 31-03-15 12:40
Aims and Context
- Asch's aimed to challenge the research conducted by Jenness in 1932 and Sherif in 1935.
- Jenness conducted her study in 1932.
- Jenness asked students to guess how many beans their were in a jar.
- Jenness found that individual estimates tended to average the group norm.
- Jenness research is though limited by the fact that he specifically asked them to produce a group estimate, rather than just observing whether they would produce similar estimates.
- The auto kinetic effect is where a stationary spot of light is projected onto a screen in an otherwise dark room and it appears to be…