Explanations Of Psychological Androgyny
- Sandra Bem argues that traditional views on gender forces children to choose between one or the other gender roles.
- Goes on to say that being androgynous and choosing traits from both gender roles, to suit the individual, would be far more advantagous.
- Being androgynous woyuld lead to greater flexabiliy and and psychological adjustment.
- Flaherty and Dusek found that androgynous individuals tend to be more adpative to situations and have a greater slef-esteem and sense of emotional well-being.
- Bem conducted a range of studies on adrogynous people to show the link between androgyny adn flexability.
- Found that masculine and androgynous females were far less likely to conform than feminine females.
- Found androgynous and feminine females acted more warmly towardsd a baby and another student with personal problems.
- Discovered that males were more constrained by gender…