Freud- Suggested that mental illness is psychological in origin.
Key features of this approach include:
- Abnormal behaviour can be caused by problems that consist in our unconscious mind.
- Abnormal behaviour can be caused by an imbalance between the 3 aspects of personality. (ID,ego,superego). If the id or superego is too dominant, it can cause abnormal behaviour.
- ID too strong= aggressive behaviour, eg psychopath.
- Superego too strong=social anxiety.
- Psycho-sexual stages include oral,anal & phallic.
✓First to recognize the importance…