- Created by: Collette Richardson
- Created on: 04-04-13 10:31
PSYC301 – Example Exam Questions – Peter Walker’s Section
Spatial Frames of Reference Questions
- What spatial frames of reference are able to support visual cognition? Explain their influence on different aspects of visual perception. How has our understanding of spatial frames of reference helped to make sense of perceptual anomalies such as those observed in visual neglect?
- Explain how the relative impact on cognition of different spatial frames of reference can vary according to situational factors?
- What spatial frames of reference have people been shown to use? Illustrate how each type of spatial frame of reference can impact on different aspects of visual perception. In what ways has the concept of a spatial frame of reference helped us to understand visual neglect?
- What is synaesthesia and how varied are its manifestations? To what extent do non-synesthetics display synesthetic-like behaviour? How might be begin to explain synaesthesia?
- What is meant by a spatial frame of reference? Illustrate how distinct spatial frames of reference can manifest themselves in visual cognition, and how different frames of reference can impact simultaneously on visual cognition.