- Created by: Rosie Thompson
- Created on: 10-06-12 18:05
Social learning theory = we observe lots of role models who behave in different ways, so when finding ourselves in a situation we select the most appropriate behaviour depending on what we have seen others successfully use.
Evidence that SLT causes aggression
Bandura et al
Bandura, Ross & Ross (1961) showed that children copy the behaviour of an adult role model.
- Children were shown an adult role-model acting aggressively towards a Bobo doll.
- During 20 minutes of play afterwards, aggressive acts towards the Bobo doll were recorded.
- Children were far more aggressive than in a control group.
Bandura (1965) repeated the study but also let children see the model be rewarded or punished.
- Those who saw the model be punished were less likely to imitate.
- When they…