- Created by: Fizzy55
- Created on: 17-11-14 21:00
Amino acid structure:
- All AA's have the same general structure - a carboxyl group (COOH) and an amino group (NH2) attached to a carbon atom.
- difference between different AA's - varible R group.
Structure of Amino Acid Structure of Glycine
- glycine is the smallest AA - the R group is a hydrogen atom.
Joining and breaking Amino Acids:
- Dipeptide - 2 AA joined together.
- Polypeptide - more than 2 AA joined together.
- Proteins - made up of 1 or more polypeptides.
- AA are linked…