- Created by: Sash
- Created on: 06-05-14 19:10
Glory Of Women
- Sonnet Form
- Iambic pentameter
- love poem - ironic - angry
- poem is for women and war - they love the war - freedom - money - power
- 'You' - direct address - sarcastic - accusing (blames women for killing soldiers) - hve a role in the war - got to stop - killing their men.
- 'love us when' - love is supposed to be unconditional - forgot about their men when they are fighting - detatchment
- 'we're' - first person plural - the soldiers
- 'heroes' - prove to women that they are men - medals
- 'home on leave' - disattachment - relieved men aren't at home - women's new role in soceity
- 'mentionable' - knew a lot about battles, where the men were etc...
- 'decorations' - religious aspect - decartions = medal - look pretty but are a facade & superficial - women like it…