- Most of the elements are metals - so they cover most of the perioic table. Only the elements on the far right are non-metals.
- The metals in the centre block of the periodic table are called transition metals.
- All metals have fairly similar basic properties:
1) Metals are strong (hard to break), but they can be bent or hammered into different shapes.
2) They're great and conducting heat and electricity
- This means metals have loads of everyday uses:
1) They're strong and can be bent so they are good for making into things like bridges and car bodies.
2) They're ideal…