- Created by: Thegirlwhoknewtoomuch - Team GR
- Created on: 20-09-12 19:22
3 processes are erosion, deposition and transportation
- abrasion- glacier scrapes material against the valley sides widening and deepening the valley.
- plucking- meltwater gets into cracks in rocks and freezes this sticks the rock to the ice. as the glacier moves away the rock is pulled with the glacier, ********* the rocks away.
factors that effect the speed of erosion
- speed of ice movement- the faster it moves the more erosion takes place
- temperature of cover ice- warm based glaciers move faster due to a more lubricated base meaing it can move faster, so erosion can happen quicker
- ice thickness- the thicker the ice the greater the erosion because thw weight of the ice will create more pressure melting the base and lubricating it, allowing it to move quicker.
- debris- more debris means there is a greater load to ther is more erosion (abrasion)