WHAT WAS CIVILISATION LIKE?
- could not write -> could not pass on medical knowledge except what could be remembered
- nomadic -> did not settle and build things such as hospitals, not enough consistency in their own lives to observe how all human bodies work the same
- belief in spirits -> said to bring life, death, health & disease - spiritual rituals and the shaman, or witch-doctor, dominated medicine
WHAT DID THEY KNOW ABOUT THE BODY AND DISEASE?
- litlle knowledge about the inner workings of the body
- a bit about bone structure
- possible belief that spirits determined life and functions of the body
- possible belief that…