- Contrast of upper and lower classes- valley of ashes against Gatsby's house and luxurious parties.
- American ideals are threatened by modern life.
- Pressure to be fashionable and to have material wealth- how Jordan Baker is first introduced (like a statue).
- The past can be covered up but can easily back come to bite you- Gatsby never lets go of Daisy but the involvement of her is why he gets killed.
- Rags to riches- Gatsby was a man from humble backgrounds but he shows of his wealth.
- Success and failure- Gatsby has success in wealth but his dream is ruined when Daisy doesn't love him back, George Wilson is…
Similar English Literature resources: