- Postmodern theorists argue that we are moving into a new kind of age - postmodern society.
- There has been a shift away from big factories towards more flexible forms of technology.
- Also, there is less emphasis on 'making things' and more on processing 'information' via the new communication systems such as the Internet.
- The pace of social change is extremely rapid and the old structures of social classes, communities, trade unions and extended families are disintegrating.
- Consequently, traditional ways of behaving soon become outdated and irrelevant
- Postmodern theorists believe there is a new culture emerging, that of postmodernism.
- In this new culture, we are constantly being bombarded by all sorts of cultural…