FORCED MIGRATION - The migrant has to migrate due to the circumstances.
VOLUNTARY MIGRATION - The migrant makes the decision to migrate.
Causes of Migration
- Migration is affected by changing physical, economic, social, cultural and political circumstances.
- The wish to migrate may not be fulfilled if there are great constrains.
- Moving within a country may be inhibited by social and economic factors.
- Moving to another country may be inhibited by political factors, such as immigration laws.
Examples of Forced and Voluntary Migration...
- Voluntary - Brain drain of doctors and scientists from the UK and Germany to higher wages…