- Created by: ZinaK - Team GR
- Created on: 21-04-13 16:24
A mother is grieving for the loss of her soldier son, she reflects on the time where she pins a poppy onto his lapel before he leaves, enthusiastic for school, conflict or the excitements of the world. She finds herself drawn to a war memorial and longs to her son's voice again.
- Written in free verse to capture her continueing thoughts as she adresses her absent son whilst internalising her thoughts
- The four stanzas are of differing lengths, two and three being effectively linked by enjambement
Language and Imagery
- The dramatic monologue seems to be a lament where the mother's memory takes her on a journey
- The idea of a poppy…