- plato suggests that the world we live in is a world of appearances but the real world of ideas that he calls the forms.
- by forms Plato meant the idea of what a thing is.
- a form is unchanging because it is a concept. its not like physical objects: but they die.
- the form is everlasting....the forms thus exist in a different realty.
- forms: unchanging,timeless and eternal.
Realm of Forms
- realm of forms more important to plato than realm of appearances.
- in the world there are only shadows and images of the forms.
- things in the world of appearances participate in the world of…