PLANT CELL STRUCTURE:
Leaf Pallaside Cell:
Its function is to carry out photosynthesis, main features that allow this to happen are:
- Long, thin cells that form a continuous layer to absorb sunlight
- Numerous chloroplasts that arrange themselves in the best positions to collect the maximum amount of light
- A large vacuole that pushes the cytoplasm and chloroplasts to the edge of the cell.
They vary in shape and size but are typically disc-shaped, 2-10 um long and 1um in diameter, Its main features are:
- The chloroplast envelope- a double plasma membrane that surrounds the organelle. Highly selective in what it allows to enter and leave the chloroplast.
- The grana- stacks of up to 100 disc like structures called thylakoids. Within…