Planning the Post-war Future
- There were two main summits held between the Big Three allies- Britain, America and USSR.
- During 1945 they held two conferences-Yalta and Potsdam. This is where they were to decide on the future of Germany and Eastern Europe.
Three Major Decisions at Yalta- Feb 1945
1. Germany was to be split into 4 zones, each zone to be controlled by America, Britain, France and USSR.
2. Free elections for new goverments would be held in Eastern Europe that had been occupied by germany.
3. The United Nations would replace the failed League of Nations.
1. There was a disagreement about the new boundaries of Poland.During the war Churchill and Roosevelt had promised Stalin much of Eastern Poland, but by the end…