Heat energy flows away from hotter objects to cooler surroundings.
Heat is transferred in 3 different ways:
· Convection and conduction involve the transfer of energy by particles.
· Infrared radiation (thermal) is the transfer of heat energy by electromagnetic waves.
· Conduction is the main form of heat transfer in solids.
· Convection is the main form of heat transfer in liquids and gases.
· Emission of thermal radiation occurs in solids, liquids and gases.
· Any object can both absorb and emit heat radiation, whether conduction or convection are taking place or not.
· The bigger the temperature difference, the faster the heat is transferred between…