PHYSICS YEAR TEN - FORCES + MOTION
Velocity and Acceleration
- Speed measures how fast you're going. speed=distance/time
- Velocity measures how and fast you're going and the direction you're going in.
- Acceleration is how quickly speed is changing. acceleration=change in velocity/timetaken
- Change in velocity can be a change of speed or direction.
Distance Time Graphs
- Gradient = speed.
- Flat sections = stopped.
- Downhill = going back to the start.
- Line curving up = acceleration.
- Line curving down = deceleration.
Velocity Time Graphs
- Gradient = acceleration.
- Flat = steady speed.
- steeoer the graph upwards = steeper the acceleration.
- steeper the graph downwards = steeper the deceleration.
- Area under the section of the graph = distance traveled.
- Force of attraction between all masses.
- On the surface of a planet it will make things accelerate…