- Condensation is where a gas turns into a liquid.
- When a gas cools, the particles in the gas slow down and lose energy. The attractive forces between the particles pull them closer together.
- If the temperature gets cold enough and the gas particles get close enough, condensation takes place and the gas turns into a liquid.
- Water vapour in the air condenses when it comes into contact with windows/glasses.
- The rate of condensation will increase if the temp. of the gas is lower, the temp. of the surface area of the gas touches, density is higher and airflow is less.