- The SI unit of velocity/ speed is m/s.
- Velocity is the speed given in a direction.
- Accelertaion is the change in velocity ecery second.
- Acceleration cam take on a negative acceleration= deceleration= slowing down.
Motion/ Distance time graphs
- The steeper the gradient of a distance time graph the greater the speed.
- Key Points:
- 1) An object that is at rest is represented by a horizontal line on a DTG.
- 2) The gradient or slope of a DGT equals the speed.
- Contact- Those which require touch to happen:
- Water/ air resistance
- Non-Contact- Those which do not require touch to happen:
- Static electricity
- Forces can be balanced or unbalanced
- 1st Law:If the resultant force acting on an object is 0, the object will remain at rset... or at constant velocity.
- 2nd Law: If a resultant force acts on an object with mass (m- kg), the it will experiance an accelertaion.
- When were talking about the effect of gravity on something, we call the force weight.
- 3rd Law:If an object exerts a force (Fa) on another object,B, then object B exerts an equal and opposite force (Fb) on object A.
- In a swimming pool, you push cvfdr4the water back and then the water pushes you forward.
- Thinking distance- the distance travelled in the time taken for the driver to react.
- Breaking distance- the disatnce travelled once breaked.
- An elastic material is one that will return to its original length when the force applied is taken away.
- A plastic material is one that does not return to is original length once the force has been removed.
- The amount of…