london and the thames estuary
impacts of flooding:
social and economic impacts:
- over 1.25 million people live or work in the flood risk zone
- 400 schools, 16 hospitals, eight power stations, city airport, 30 mainline railway stations and 38 underground stations, including .most of the central part of the underground network, are at risk of flooding.
- 120,000 new houses are planned in the flood risk zone
- damage to buildings and infrastructure would have serious economic impacts.
- houses of parliament and…